Aitzol & Victor
- They are highly qualified experts in medicines and can help patients in a range of ways.
- Carrying out structured medication reviews for patients with ongoing health problems.
- Improving patient safety.
- Advising patients who are on multiple medications.
- They consult with and treat patients directly.
Jude, Liz, Lorraine, Sam, Tracey
- The team will dispense medications to those patients that live more than one mile away from a retail pharmacy. For the most part, this covers patients in all outlying villages and some areas of Winchcombe.
- The team will also print repeat prescriptions for patients to whom we do not dispense.
- The dispensary does not accept incoming phone calls but they do have an answerphone where you can leave any medication queries and they will call you back.
Physician Associates (PA)
Physician Associates (PA)The medical centre has 3 Physician Associate’s working with us. Natacha Barrett works part time for us and Emily Gwinnell and Madeline Browne work between us and Stoke Road surgery.
We understand PA’s may be a new concept to many people, though they have been part of the NHS workforce for years now. Their presence here is to help provide you with better access to high quality healthcare in a timely fashion.
Physician associates have an undergraduate degree in a life science and/or a significant background in healthcare before undertaking 2 years of intensive postgraduate training. They work alongside our GP’s and are trained in performing full assessments of patients of all ages, treating and managing both acute and chronic health conditions, performing investigations and making referrals. They work independently but are fully supported by GP supervisors meaning there is always someone who can discuss cases, sign prescriptions and review patients as necessary.
You are likely to meet them if you require an ‘urgent on the day’ appointment at WMC, where they form an integral part of our ‘acute’ team. Should you have any questions, our receptionists are highly trained in helping navigate you to the appropriate clinician to help most with your medical concerns.
Lead Practice Nurse
Frances & Lucy
Health Care Assistants
Annita & Donna